The building in which the CESARSKI HOTEL is located has traces of history. It is one of the few that survived in this city in an almost unchanged shape and at the same time the oldest hotel facility in Giżycko.
From the very beginning, the building belonged to the richest townspeople. It was built by brewers (or else sweet-creamers) – people who had the right to produce and sell beer – we do not know their names.
In 1832 Johann Kuehn (grave digger) became the owner of the tenement together with his wife Heinrietta Gottlibe from the house of Albrecht.